Thursday, March 1, 2012

Trouble



Trouble, I've had lots of that lately.
2012 has been mighty unkind to me so far. I don't want to be Debbie Downer but I'll share a little...

For starters, my dog has passed. She got sick in mid January and had good days and some bad days, and eventually I took her in to the vet to be put down. It was so sad, but I know I did the right thing. I focus on being glad that we spent 14.5 great years together. I had some other personal problems that have affected me in a major way. My self esteem and motivation for anything took a big hit. I'm doing a little better with it now and doing what needs to be done to move forward and put the darkest times behind me.

Meanwhile... my cousin who is like a sister to me but unfortunately has been battling cancer for over 2 years and unfortunately lives 5 hours away had a big health scare. She was in ICU for 6 days and the whole family was distraught. Many of us drove out and I kept her some company but it was really heartbreaking to see her go through all that. She's doing better now but I still wish I could visit more often.

Will all this nastiness that I have to deal with, its inconvenient that I just happened to start grad school in January. There was times I regretted it and felt like I had no energy or focus for it and I'm still trying to play catch up. Its definitely challenging but if I want to have a career and not just a job I need to keep giving it my best efforts.

One thing I'm glad for is that at my full time job I have a new "flex" schedule meaning that I don't go in to work tomorrow and might just sleep in. Instead of working 8 hours M-F every week, I work 9 hours M-F one week 9 hours M-Th the next and get every other Friday off!!!
I'll be running errands, doing schoolwork, trying to finish up The Help, hopefully getting a haircut and maybe watching some Gossip Girl, and partaking in some retail therapy.

I'm expecting March to be much better than January and February and hopefully the year will keep improving from here on out.

I must say though that through these difficult times its been heartwarming to realize I have the support of some dear friends and family and my boyfriend has also done his best to cheer me up and has been understanding and put up with some pretty foul moods of mine.

phew that was my vent fest 2012, maybe next week (or next month but I'll really try to do better) I'll share my loot from retail therapy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for all of the bad things. Glad your cousin is doing better but sad about your dog. 14.5 years is a long time so you should be very happy for that :)

    I hope thing start to improve real soon!

    ReplyDelete