Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wee Bit of Me Wednesday



{one} what is your dream job?
Lately I've been feeling like my dream job is to be a librarian. I've considered Library School (you need a master's degree to be a librarian btw) since I graduated college, but didn't want to take on more student loan debt. Ideally I'd love to be a librarian at a college or a private company. I still work a little at the public library and dealing with people in LA is sometimes fun but often draining.

Another, less viable dream job would be to work in foreign relations. My B.A. degree is in Political Science with an International emphasis and History with a Middle Eastern focus. I applied to the CIA, the State Dept maybe even the FBI I also took two semesters of Arabic and did pretty well. Now that I'm older I dunno if I'd have the guts for this career.

{two} how many best friends do you have?
OK don't feel sorry for me but right about now I'd have to say none. I'm feeling pretty disconnected from most if not all of my friends and even some family. I'm not bitter about it though, I've always been pretty independent and I like to have lots of calm quiet alone time. Its an adjustment as people get older and schedules get more and more busy with work & family commitments.

{three} what’s the longest road trip you’ve ever taken?
Well it was spread throughout a whole week but in 2007 I went with my parents to Arizona, Texas, New Mexico & Colorado I guess (among other things we went to that place where 5 state borders meet)

{four} if you had to do one single thing every day for the next year, what would it be?
Tell my BF I love him, I don't think I do it enough.

{five} what’s one story your family always tells about you?
My mom tells a story about a birthday party they threw for me when I was a kid (I dunno maybe like age 4 or 5) during which I was hiding waiting for everybody to leave and I complained about other kids playing with my stuff... yes I have anti-social tendencies sometimes.

{six} how did your parents pick your name?
I don't know, I have heard it was my Dad's choice though.

{seven} what’s the one thing that scares you more than anything?
woah, this question is hard. I have anxiety issues, soooo many things worry/scare me. I dunno if this necessarily scares me more than anything... but at this point in my life I do worry alot about having a baby... More specifically, not being able to get pregnant when I decide I'm ready (I'm almost 30 and I know that's not exactly old but it worries me)

{eight} are you a good cook?
Absolutely not, but I'm not a bad cook either, I just don't cook much. Or hardly at all. That needs to change

{nine} where do you see yourself in 20 years?
OMG all these questions are soo hard! If I had my way, I'd be happily married, with 2.5 kids (lol well 2 or 3, the oldest a boy) a dog (or several) a job I enjoy, frequent vacations and would be aging gracefully.

{ten} what’s your best childhood memory?
I have very few childhood memories, but some of my greatest moments were when I was finally allowed to have a dog and participating in the spelling bee.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel so bad about the friends thing. My best friend is my husband. I NEVER see my supposed real life friends. It's like, so do you even want to hang out with me????

    And I totally know what you mean about the baby thing. I am 33 and hopefully I can get pregnant soon.

    ReplyDelete